Friday, April 14, 2017

Top Reasons Why I Started Inspiring Pinoy Teachers Blog

Teaching for more than ten years has brought me more experiences that are unique in my daily walk as a human being. Its roles, challenges, heartaches, as well as rewards make it a profession worth writing about. Thus, I felt that I needed to share my perspectives as a teacher.

As my first post for this nth blog that I have created, I would like to share the top reasons why I started Inspiring Pinoy Teachers Blog.

It is a a unique endeavor. Creating a blog that suits my career as a teacher makes me feel that I can obtain a unique experience. Teachers often have this routine of preparing lesson plans, writing formative, reflective, and summative exams, checking tests, counselling with advisory students, preparing forms, and others. Thus, I find creating this blog a unique experience as well as a break from the ‘monotony’ of teaching.

I want to connect with other teachers. It is a nice feeling to connect with a group of people who are in the same profession. With more than 600,000 DepEd teachers as of 2010, it would be great to collaborate with teachers all over the Philippines.

I want to inspire teachers. Teaching is a challenging profession as we deal with young minds that are the future leaders of this generation. As all professions do have, teachers have our own sets of challenges that we have to face. Thus, I started this blog so I can inspire teachers through blog posts that are meant to inspire as well as empower mentors.

I love teaching and writing. There are really days when we feel like teaching as the most difficult of all professions. However, there are also days when we feel like it is the best choice that we ever had. These daily experiences will be put into writing. I want to combine my teaching experiences with my passion for blogging and writing.

I consider it fun. Who does not want fun? I consider creating my own blog specifically for Pinoy teachers as fun. It would be fun thinking about what article I need to post that would resonate with the rest of my colleagues.

These are just some of the reasons why I started this blog. Hope to see you on the next blog post.




 Lornajane Altura

+639197440334
lornajanealtura@gmail.com


Follow me on Twitter - Lornajane Altura
Follow me on Facebook - Inspiring Pinoy Teachers



No comments:

Post a Comment

6 DepEd Terms Teachers Need To Know

Teacher's Quest for Knowledge If you are a newbie teacher that has been recently hired by the largest bureaucracy of the Philippine ...